All of us have heard about those outstanding fishing legends, involving Goliath-like fishes. However, at YKnot Charters, we will make sure that our Key West sport fishing trip will bring those legends to life.
Is fishing a sport?
Some people will say that it is only a hobby, but we are arguing that fishing is a sport since it requires a lot of skills, energy, stamina, and a bit of talent along the line. Only those who never fought a large fish for 30 minutes can say it is a hobby. Anglers are entirely wiped out after this, exactly like athletes after a sprint.
Even fishing on a spring or a river requires a set of skills and a focused mind that takes time to acquire and need constant training. And, exactly like any other sportsman, the anglers have dedicated equipment and outfits for the job.
Benefits of fishing
Key West sport fishing is an outdoor activity which you usually do it far away from any source of pollution. Your full body will enjoy a significant amount of oxygen, along with excellent exposure to the sun. We want to present below some other benefits of fishing:
Improves your strength and stamina – battling even a small fish engages your arms, legs, back, and shoulders, which is the main secret of a good workout.
- Creates family bonds – passing the fishing skills from one generation to another is a way of strengthening your relationship with your loved ones while learning new things.
- Boosts your immune system – vitamin D accumulated in your bones through sunlight will help the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, beneficial in avoiding osteoporosis
- Teaches self-reliance – when fishing, you cannot depend on others to do a part of your job, so you will learn how to master a variety of skills, including troubleshooting your reel.
- Improves your balance, strength, and awareness – just try to pull up a catfish in a swinging boat and you'll know what we mean by that.
- Promotes mental and emotional wellbeing – fishing will allow you to relieve your stress by providing moments of serenity and solitude.
- Access to nature – the fish will not come to your plate, but you have to go out there to get it. This way, you will enjoy the great outdoors.
- Teaches perseverance and discipline – quitting is not an option and a good angler knows this. The big catch will come; you just have to find the right spot and wait.
Is it worth fishing at low tide?
Many fish species tend to move deeper during the day, and low tide will help the angler get closer and lure the fish from its natural environment. While getting closer to the prey, it is essential to maintain silence to avoid scaring them.
At YKnot Charters, we know the best places for a successful Key West sport fishing. And we will ensure an unforgettable experience for the whole family! Pack your bags, call us, and prepare yourself for a legendary fishing experience!